How to Open a Fixed Deposit (e-FD): If you want to open Fixed Deposit online,then login to OnlineSBI, go to Fixed Deposit tab and click e-TDR/e-STDR option then you’ll see type of deposit account to proceed so basically select e-TDR/e-STDR option.
On th e next step all your Debit / Transanction accounts will be displayed, Select the account through which you want to open fixed deposit account which will be one account which is already selected, enter the amount for which you want to open Fixed Deposit, If you are a senior citizen then click here as senior citizens are eligible for higher interest rate, you’ll see 2 option
First will be STDR (Cumuative – interest paid at maturity): in this option interest will be paid at maturity and Second is TDR (on-cumulative)- In this option interest will be paid at selected intervals.
We are going to select STDR before oprning Fixed Deposit, we will check interest rates by clicking “Domestic Term Deposit”. In this term deposits the interest rates are shown here with Tensures from 7 days to 10 years.
Next option is tensures of deposits which means the time period for which you want to open FD, select the options (Days, Years/Months/Days, MAturity Date)
- we will tell you about Years/Months/Days,
- Let us assume that, we want to open FD for 1 year and 1 month so we’ll select 1 from years drop down menu and 1 from months drop down menu if you want add days, you can select from days drop down menu
- Here, you need to select maturity instruction
- Here first option is “Auto renew Principal and Interest” which means principal amount and interest will get renewed at time of maturity, and a new FD will be created second option is “Auto renew principal and repay Interest”, which means at the time of maturity interest will be deposited in your account, and a new FD will be created with Principal amount third option is “Repay principal and interest”, at the time of maturity principal amount and interest will be deposited in your account
we are selecting “Auto renew principal and interest” opion in these you have to select time period again as for how much time we need to create a new FD after our FD matres let us assumes that, we need to reopen the Fixed Deposit for 1 year and 1 month, so for that, we will select “Years/Months?days”opion and select year and month from drop down menu. click checkbox to accept terms and condition and click submit.
- check the completet details displayed like this way
Name of the person will be displayed here, in whose name FD wil get opened, and here name of nominee, which you had nominated while opening account will be displayed if you want to keep the same person as nominee, then select yes else select no, then click confirm and done your FD has been created.
- If you want take print of this page then click “view e-TDR/ e-STDR” at the bottom of this page then you can see the complete information like.
While in Image you can see all details about the account number of FD, tenure of FD, interest rate, principal amount, value date, maturity date, maturity value.
If You want to save this page as pdf then ckick “save as PDF” and if you want take print of this page then click “Print” option thats it the process of opening Fixed Deposit(e-FD) is Done.